Saturday, October 20, 2012

Yummy fall cookie recipe

As an unemployed college student, the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe I found screamed my name. Instead of the tons of ingredients most recipes require, this simply requires three:

  • a 15 oz can of pumpkin in a can
  • 12 oz bag of chocolate chips (though I didn't use the whole bag)
  • A box of cake mix - I chose spice because nothing is better than pumpkin spice.
Preheat your oven to 350. Then, mix the cake mix with the canned pumpkin. I'd recommend using an electronic mixer. Admittedly I made my boyfriend mix it by hand since I don't have a mixer...and found it too difficult to do on my own. 

Once it's mixed to a pumpkin puree, add as many chocolate chips as you please and throw them onto a greased cookie sheet using a tablespoon. Had I been thinking, I would've used a knife or something instead of my hands to shape the cookies. It ended up being quite a mess with cookie batter all over my fingers into my nails (attractive right?). I thought I'd washed it all off, but I still have my pumpkin battle wounds on the palm of my hand.

I used two cookie sheets to make 22 cookies. Put them in the oven for 20-25 (I did just over 20) minutes and voila: easy to bake, absolutely delicious cookies. But don't get too excited...don't forget to let them cool for at least 5 minutes!

You can actually shape these whichever way you'd like, considering the shape pretty much stays the same. They don't expand like regular cookies. 

Feel free to do any variations of the recipe and let me know.

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...