Friday, October 26, 2012

What I actually...love about Boston

I've obviously had multiple posts about my problems with Boston. Okay...it's not really that bad...there are admittedly a few things I love. Here's a few:

  1. Newbury Street: A shopping-mecca. And everything surrounding the area is just amazing. You have gorgeous small restaurants - perfect for a date - and you have shopping. What more can a girl dream of?
  2. Boston Commons: If you're looking for a place to hang out on a gorgeous fall day this is the go to. I was near the Park Street green line stop and forgot how much I actually loved the Commons. And when you're surrounded by colorful fall trees and leaves on the ground, it makes for the perfect scene.
  3. Boston Book Festival: So...I haven't actually gone because tomorrow's my big nerd day, as well as the actual date of the event. However, I did walk by Copley Square tonight where the vendors were setting up...and I could not be more excited.
  4. North End: Once I gather up some serious cash, I am making my boyfriend and I go to one of these restaurants. I've wandered around with my mom - and have had a lunch date with my friends a few summers ago - and have found that it's the perfect Little Italy. Everyone raves about Mike's Pastry...which I have yet to check out considering the lines are usually a little overwhelming. I have, however, checked out another Italian pastry shop (I want to say it was Modern Pastry but I can't remember). They had Grappa (which all my CIMBA study abroad friends know is quite dangerous) and profiteroles. And I do love profiteroles. It's a very cute date spot. For everyone: I've heard Modern is more to rave about than Mike's - Mike's is just the brand name.
  5. Faneuil Hall: I just love the area for the ambiance. There's always fun performances, such as the man on stilts...and other miscellaneous fun (see below video). Plus, there's vendors, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. If you go out on a weekend night, don't try and get a cab at bar close because from personal experience...it's really quite impossible.
  6. Brighton Center: Though not as mainstream as the other ones on the list, I had to include it due to its close proximity. There are a lot of fun restaurants there - Devlin's being one of my favorites (a fancy, yet casual Irish pub with delicious food). Also, if you're looking for a cheaper place to get your nails done...Paris Model Nails has it there and they do an awesome job. Brighton Beer Garden is another one of my favorites...but that's because I love my beer - and they have Brooklyn Octoberfest, my NY staple.
  7. Fenway area: Okay, I really did have to include this. Yes, I hate the Red Sox (being the diehard Yankee fan I am)...but it really is pretty. During baseball season the bars are crazy. There's a Yardhouse over there, which I love, again for the massive beer selection. But there's also other fun bars in the area.
  8. Finally, the BU Pub: I felt the need to include this because it is one of the more beautiful BU buildings. It's attached to the castle...and a great excuse to enjoy a beer and study at the same time.
I'm sure as I continue to explore the city, I'll add more. While Boston does have the multiple issues that "grind my gears," there is a lot of beauty once you do explore.


Spontaneously enjoying Boston, one day at a time,
-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...