Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The B-Line Chronicles...


Photo retrieved from Flickr
So, I’m standing there casually waiting for the T at one of the multiple Boston University B-line stops scattered through campus. Finally, a train comes. But no, it doesn’t stop. It goes right past. Okay, maybe it’s an express train. That’s fair…another one will come right?

Wrong.

Because the next train that came through stopped. But it only stopped to seemingly taunt me – because it just continued on to the next stop. So, little outraged me, carried on to the next stop. Only to wait a good 10 minutes for the next train…which by the way DID stop at the stop before. Again, only to taunt me, I presume.

This leads me to my question…what is up with the B-line?! So I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 problems, in no particular order:



  1.       It takes about 10 minutes to pass two stops.
  2.       It goes express whenever the damn well it pleases.
  3.       A large majority of the conductors are just rude.
  4.       It never ever runs on time.
  5.       My luck has it that it never runs express when I’m running late.
  6.       …Oh, and it hits every light on the way.
  7.       Do I need to go back to my rant about Boston accents? Because the conductors are the worst. Cop-ley? This whole time I was under the presumption it was Cope-ly. Not sure why.
  8.       Do you really need to stand there putting nickel after dime after quarter in for fare?
  9.       There’s plenty of room for more passengers, yet the ignorant people stand in the middle of the train instead of moving back like they’re told.
  10.       Finally…I get that it’s crowded, but there is simply no need for you to have your butt in my face sir.
Fellow Boston T-travelers…comment a list of any of yours. I’d love to hear.

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...