Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bus vs. T?

When I was first looking at apartments in Boston...from my bed in New York...I thought to myself: Do I want to live next to the bus or the B Line? I decided on the B Line. After all, at orientation I learned that the B line was right outside the school of COM - where I'd be most weekdays. But what they didn't tell me was...The B Line is absolutely the worst form of public transportation ever invented. Ever. Why? This past post gives just a few reasons why.

Today, I decided to give another form of transportation a whirl. The public bus. I had to go to Brighton Center and knew that the 57 bus would take me right there. So I waited diligently and it picked me up without much of a wait. Alright...so most people, including me, think: busses? Gross. You sit next to some strange random person and you barely have room to breathe. Well, reality check for me: it wasn't that bad. Maybe I was just lucky. But when I take the T at that same time...it's always packed. So packed that I've literally stood there right next to the conductor holding on for dear life and stepping awkwardly off the bus just to let others off at each stop.

Yes, sitting on a bus with my bag to my left and an empty seat to the right is a huge step forward. Now if I could only find the nearest bus stop to my apartment.

So now, in retrospect...I should've considered living near a bus route instead. Ideally, I'd have the best of both worlds. But then again, finding an apartment was hard enough as it was considering my roommate and I left it until last minute (sounds about right). And since we're talking about ideal - I'd really enjoy one of those apartments conveniently located on Newbury Street in Back Bay. Thanks money gods; I assume that's coming right up.

As seen on Newbury Street: Never a dull moment. Copyright Alina Rubezhova 2012


Yours,

-A.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...