Monday, April 29, 2013

Love Boston? And Harpoon.

I think it's safe to say I've been falling more in love with this city every passing spring day.

There I said it. I never thought I would but in all seriousness, there is just so much to do. Granted my roommate situation wasn't the best outcome of Boston, I'm going to be sad to leave this city. I've made great friends and have been able to do something I have always dreamed of...live in a city. I'll be back in the Fall, but with this semester slowly coming to a close I can't believe how fast it's gone. There is nothing better than a warm day here either. You just walk outside and you're surrounded by some of the prettiest buildings and the nicest scenery.

And I finally got to do something I've been wanting to do for a while: go to Harpoon Brewery.

I haven't been to Sam Adams yet but Harpoon was wonderful. It's $5 admission. You wait on line to buy your ticket and you can buy a beer while doing so. We got there around 11:20 on a Saturday and weren't able to get a tour until 12:40. That's fine though because we were able to order their delicious pretzels with some of the best dipping sauces I have ever tried. Peanut butter, IPA cheese and a cream cheese frosting one to name a few. Once we got in we went through a 20 minute speech about how beer is made. Then the good stuff. We got to sample as many beers as we wanted from this tap in the picture below. I love me some beer and was more than satisfied afterward.


This was followed by a warehouse of beer. So. Much. Beer. Literally. To the ceiling...probably near 50,000 cases.


Aside from that, the area around the brewery is gorgeous. Right on the water and there's a plethora of restaurants to go to afterward. We decided on Jerry Remy, which has a perfect view of the water and outdoor seating for those gorgeous summer days. Times like that I wish I was staying here this summer. But then again, NYC is pretty exciting too.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...