Sunday, April 7, 2013

Boston food trucks

Roxy's Grilled Cheese. 
I decided I need to go on a food truck binge. Not in the sense that I'm going to go food truck to food truck - just that I want to try as many as I possibly can while I'm exploring Boston. Just because this city just has so many good ones to offer. Recently I tried out Roxy's, which was on the Great Food Truck Race on Food Network and won third place. Accordingly, I was going to see exactly what the fuss was about.

So. Good.

They had a small menu of grilled cheese sandwiches and all of them sounded just as good. My boyfriend got the Green Muenster Melt and I got the Caprese one. I recommend the first: muenster cheese, guacamole, and bacon. Can you say yum overload? Seriously. The picture you see above is the one I got. Basil, tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic. If you're feeling ballsy you can add truffle fries. I sort of really wish I did.

Anyway, this beautiful weather this past week inspired my food truck post. So, here's a list of the food trucks I've tried, ranked from my favorite down. And I've enjoyed all of them.


  1. Bon Me: their noodle salad is possibly the best thing to ever happen to dinner.
  2. Roxy's Grilled Cheese: as I said, grilled cheese. Need I say more?
  3. Clover: Never had their breakfast, but their chickpea fritter is so good.
  4. Mei Mei: The Double Awesome...is awesome. It's definitely messy and a little bit greasy though. Perfect hangover food if you ask me.
  5. The Dining Car: I've only ever had the chicken sandwich. It's good, but it's definitely not the best food truck there. The curried lentil soup does sound (and smell) really good though!
That's my list. Any suggestions, additions? I'd love to hear!

Boston's growing on me...

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...