Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April!

Spring is FINALLY in the air after a long, seemingly never-ending winter. This weekend made me fall in love with Boston again. Just being able to walk out of my apartment and go for a run and it be absolutely gorgeous is so motivating. The only thing that could possibly make it better is if I had a dog to come along on my run - but hey, can't win them all! AND with that being said, baseball season is officially on! Although my Yankees lost to none other than the stupid Red Sox today I'm so excited for ballparks, hotdogs and overall fun of baseball games :)

To celebrate it finally being April, and because I'm finally getting back into the running spirit (three runs this past week is overachieving for me...but I'm going to keep that as my goal), here's a list of ways to enjoy the outdoors in Boston this month.


  1. Explore someplace new by going for a run! If you're not into running, then okay, walk! There's no reason to be hopped inside anymore. Vitamin D is calling your name. My personal favorite is running around The Reservoir by Cleveland Circle. It's so pretty - especially around sunset. And the sound of the water hitting the "shore" is exceptionally relaxing.
  2. Go to a park! Boston Common is gorgeous this time of year. I know it's April and for most of us that means the semester is about to get crazy stressful, but it's so much more fun doing homework outside if a computer isn't something you need. If you're lucky enough to have a patio, that's also always an option.
  3. The return of spring and warm weather means outdoor patios are soon to return! What's better than hanging out with your friends at a bar? Hanging out with your friends on a beer garden patio. Also, there's not much better than enjoying a nice lunch outdoors. How I've missed that...
  4. Instead of taking the T, try walking. It's a great way to stay fit. Imagine all the exercise you get by walking home (if that's an option) rather than being on a crowded train.
  5. Okay, so it's not beach weather yet. But why not take a weekend trip to Providence or Newport and walk on the beach? It's a fairly cheap roundtrip Amtrak fare and it'll be a complete change of scenery.
After today's beautiful day...and subsequent rain/thunder storm it's safe to say I'm in love with springtime.

Disclaimer: Photo not mine. Credit goes to: jeffgunn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...