Monday, February 18, 2013

Staying fit during Boston winters

Photo attributed to RelaxingMusic
I'm one of those girls who is fitness obsessed. Yoga, spinning, running, etc. You name it - I love it. Since running with the Boston winter wind isn't exactly on top of my to-do list, I try to find other ways to stay in shape during the cold months. I tend to do Insanity or run the track at the gym, but let's face it - that can get very routine and boring. So, because I'm always looking for new ways to work out, I decided to make a post about one of my favorite spots in the BU area: Sweat and Soul Yoga.

They offer both yoga and spin classes; but let's start with spin. These aren't your regular spin classes. The bikes actually move with you, making for an intense 45 minute pump up. The instructor blasts fun music, lights down low with the black light on and you really sweat. It's a lot of sprinting, sitting, standing, turning and "hills". If you're looking for a cardio workout that's truly different, I recommend this. It's not easy, but it's definitely a blast. And the best part? To start, they offer a 2 classes for $20 promotion for new students. Otherwise it does run a little pricy at $18 per class.

Now onto yoga. This is my perfect go-to when it's cold outside and I want to warm myself up. The room is kept at a warmer temperature than most yoga classes I've been to, but not quite hot yoga. Again, the name sweat and soul really fits. I've only gone to two instructors but I've enjoyed each class. Most classes run an hour and a half, which is a bit lengthy but it never feels that long. It gives me that time of day for myself, without breaking my budget. Classes are only $10 and on weekends they offer a community class for $5.

Any other fun fit winter ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...