Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowpocalyspe, Boston style.

I haven't updated in what seems like forever. I've actually just been busy with school and surprisingly enjoying Boston. I know...who would've imagined?

As many of you know, Nemo swam into town and dumped a bunch of snow on us. Roughly two feet if I'm not mistaken. As much as I can complain (and complain) about Boston winters, snow days and snowy activities have maybe made up for some of the bad.

Yup, all cars! That'll be fun to dig out.

Being from NY, I'm not surprised by the amount of snow...I'm just surprised it's been so long since we actually got a massive snowstorm. I cannot even remember the last blizzard I experienced and I'll be damned if I don't fall back into childhood and explore.

So, I ventured out today. While all the adults were shoveling, I pummeled through snow in my rain boots (because I forgot all my snow stuff at home). Cars were covered to the top with snow from plows attempting to clean the streets. People were sledding, skiing and snowshoeing through the streets while the city workers tried to make the main roads passable for cars. While my shoes may not have sufficed, since I stepped into a two foot mound of snow and all of it went down to my toes, I can't say I regret the adventure. It may have been cold and windy, but it sure was beautiful and made me appreciate this city that much more.

note: edited with Instagram filter; Cleveland Circle area

But just remember guys, before you venture out in the snow don't forget the necessities:

  • warm gloves
  • some sort of head gear, whether a hat, earmuffs or a headband
  • thick socks
  • layers (don't expect to just wear jeans and get away with it)
  • if you have, snow pants are a must
  • proper shoe attire (I came home thinking my toes were going to break off. So. Cold.)
  • quality jacket. My double-NorthFace, fleece and thermal did a great job of keeping my upper body warm
And here's two things you may not regret bringing: a thermos of hot chocolate and a sled. Because who knows when you'll come upon an awesome hill? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...